Thursday, March 5, 2020

Wrong Number, Short Film, Review And Interview


When you have a dream that is so vivid and you are a part of it, is it more than just a dream? Wrong Number provides that level of psychological horror. It brings back memories of our own troubled nights of sleeping.

Wrong Number was screened at the 2019 FilmQuest film festival (website).

I recommend Wrong Number for those who enjoy psychological horror. Delving into the possibilities of someone or something keeping tabs on us.

Synopsis: When a women with a foreboding dream, she must find out its meaning before it's too late.

Tiago Telxeira wrote and directed Wrong Number. Here they share their inspiration for the film along with what inspired them to become a filmmaker. Of course there is more to them than just this film so we also find out what they are working on and what they like to do when they're not looking through the camera or working on a script.

What was the inspiration for Wrong Number?

It was something that happened to me. One night years ago, I woke up in the middle of the night after a bad dream. I was sure I was going to get some terrible news from a phone call. And then the phone rang and I almost had a heart attack. There was no one on the line, but this stick with me for a long time, for obvious reasons.

What project(s) do you have coming up you're excited about?

I'm currently developing my previous shorts into features. I have full scripts and am in talks with some different producers and financiers, so, let's see what will happen next!

What was your early inspiration for pursuing a career in film?

I've always loved film, literature and comics. It took me time to find out what I was more passionate about, and it's definitely film. Maybe growing up on a diet of David Lynch, Carpenter and Cronenberg has helped.

What would be your dream project?

Travelling back in time and directing an episode of Twin Peaks.

What are some of your favorite pastimes when not working on a movie?

Watching strange movies, reading weird fiction, exploring the canals and pubs of London.

What is one of your favorite movies and why?

The Thing. It's the perfect mix between psychological and body horror and in my opinion, John Carpenter's masterpiece.

You can find out more about Wrong Number on IMDb (link).

You can also watch the trailer on Vimeo (link).

I'm working at keeping my material free of subscription charges by supplementing costs by being an Amazon Associate and having advertising appear. I earn a fee when people make purchases of qualified products from Amazon when they enter the site from a link on Guild Master Gaming and when people click on an ad. If you do either, thank you.

If you have a comment, suggestion, or critique please leave a comment here or send an email to guildmastergaming@gmail.com.

I have articles being published by others and you can find most of them on Guild Master Gaming on Facebookand Twitter(@GuildMstrGmng).


No comments:

Post a Comment